Songwriter Minute 2018
Nashville Comes to Savannah!
What: Larry Beaird's Songwriter Minute Workshop 2018
When: October 7th, 2018. 2:00-5:00pm
Where: Randy Wood Pickin' Parlor, 1304 E. Highway 80, Bldg 2, Bloomingdale, GA 31302
Cost: Before Sept. 9th, 2018 - $50 - After Sept. 9th, 2018 - $60
Registration: Call Aaron Beaird at (615) 279-8030 to register for the workshop.
Sponsored by: NSAI Savannah
(Don't forget to register for a chance to win a free demo here!)
Larry Beaird has researched hit songs for many years to see what makes them work. He will be sharing the results of his research with songwriters in order to suggest ways to make their songs more commercial.
In addition to Larry’s recent research, he also uses his experience as a session musician in Nashville. He’s played on thousands of recording sessions for writers and artists. Albums, singles, and videos he’s performed on have sold over 28 million copies - including 2 songs of the year - Three Wooden Crosses by Randy Travis and I’m Movin’ On by Rascal Flatts. For a more detailed look at Larry’s recording experience, click here: http://www.beairdmusicgroup.com/aboutlarrybeaird
Highlights of the workshop include:
- Larry will examine a group of Top 10 Hits to show what makes them work
- He will also examine up to 3 songs written by writers in attendance (chosen by random drawing from the list of Early Bird registrants).
- A drawing will be held for a free $625 Premier Demo from Beaird Music Group!
- Learn 20+ ways of how to make your songs more like the hits.
Larry’s Songwriter Minute videos take a look at some of the topics of the workshop. You can see examples of his videos here: http://www.beairdmusicgroup.com/songwriting-tips-videos
Early Registration Rewards
Reserve your seat before September 9, 2018 and receive a discounted rate AND have a chance to have one of your songs presented in the workshop.
The 3 local writers' names to have their songs presented will be drawn from the list of Early Registrants. This drawing is scheduled to take place the morning of September 10th.
The songs to be included in the workshop must be submitted to Larry by September 13th. Please email an MP3 and lyric sheet to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Premier Demo Prize includes: Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Bass, Drums, Piano, Steel. This is a 30 minute tracking spot with the band on a session shared with other writers.
It also includes up to 3 hours of studio time (after tracking with the musicians) for vocals and mixing, 3 free CDs upon request, and an email with full quality WAV file mixes. Vocalist fees, if needed, are not included. Your song can be recorded whether or not you are able to attend the session in person.
Register for a chance to win the demo here by September 15, 2018.
Songs recorded with this package are eligible for Evening With A Publisher.
Private Mentoring Sessions
Take advantage of a private one-hour Mentoring Session with Larry for only $100 (regularly $150/hr).
- What is a Private Mentoring Session?
It’s a meeting with Larry so that you can receive his special attention to your music.
- What should I bring?
1. Bring 1-4 songs on your phone or laptop - or you can perform your songs live.
2. Bring lyrics.
3. Bring questions and pick Larry’s brain about YOUR music, the music business in general or whatever you’d like to discuss.
- What will I receive?
1. Larry will chart your song and give the chart to you at the end of the session.
2. During the hour, Larry will listen intently and use his experience and research to help advise how to arrange your songs to be more like what’s on the radio.
3. A recording discount of $100 off one Premier Demo from Beaird Music Group in Nashville. (Offer good for 30 days)
- Where and when will the mentoring sessions take place?
- Randy Wood Pickin' Parlor beginning one hour after the workshop. To schedule, please call or text Larry at (615) 400-2200.
How do I pay for a mentoring session?
Call Aaron Beaird at (615) 279-8030 to pay for a mentoring session.